Travelling your kids is inevitable, there would be times when you need to go and do some groceries, take them to the part, or anywhere that you can think of. However, there are challenges in taking your kids out and in your car. Keeping your kids still in the car is a greater challenge. More than putting them into danger, they could also be a cause of distraction that could lead to motor vehicle accidents. That is why you need to purchase and use a child seat to keep your kids safe and in place. Purchasing a child seat can also be a great challenge as there are many of those available in the market. Sadly, there are too many child booster seats to choose from and even the informed people like you may have problems in shopping for that perfect child seat.
Safe Child Booster Seats in the Market
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) is not just responsible for testing various cars’ crash protection and prevention systems. As the lead agency in the research for safer vehicles, the IIHS also conducts testing of child booster seats. These safety seats don’t just keep your kids still while you’re on the move, it also offers protection from injuries that a motor vehicle crash may bring. That is why you need to shop only for the best and safest car seats available in the market today.
To help make your search for the perfect child booster seats easier, here is a list of the new products made available in 2013 and their safety ratings.
“Check Fit” Seats
Booster seats that got this rating are the ones that provide good belt fit for some children in some vehicles. Such helps ensure that a child is properly and securely held in place in their seats. Here is a list of products that got the IIHS’ “Check Fit” rating.
- Britax Frontier 90 (highback)
- Britax Parkway SG (backless mode)
- Britax Parkway SGL (backless mode)
- Britax Pinnacle 90 (highback)
- Britax Pioneer 70 (highback)
- Cosco Stack-It (backless)
- Evenflo Big Kid LX (highback mode)
- Graco Argos 70 Elite (backless mode)
- Graco Nautilus Elite (backless mode)
- Graco Nautilus Plus (backless mode)
- Graco Nautilus with Safety Surround (backless mode)
“Good Bet” Seats
These seats ensure that there is an acceptable belt fit for most vehicles. With these seats, the lap belt lies completely flat across your children’s upper thighs, while the shoulder belt snugly crosses over the middle of the kid’s shoulder. Here is a list of seats that got the IIHS’ “Good Bet” rating.
- Ferrari Beline SP (highback mode)
“Best Bet” Seats
Seats who have this rating are considered the safest in the market today. Such seats positions belts correctly on typical 4-8-year-old children in almost any vehicle. This ensures the best possible belt fit of which the lap belt lies perfectly flat across the child’s upper thighs. On the other hand, the shoulder belt snugly crosses over the middle of the kid’s shoulders. Here is a list of the seats that got the “Best Bet” rating.
- Britax Parkway SG (highback mode)
- Britax Parkway SGL (highback mode)
- Evenflo Amp (backless)
- Evenflo Big Kid LX (backless mode)
- Evenflo Chase (highback)
- Evenflo Right Fit (highback and backless modes)
- Ferrari Beline SP (backless mode)
- Graco Affix (highback and backless modes)
- Graco Argos 70 Elite (highback mode)
- Graco Connext (backless)
- Graco Nautilus Elite (highback mode)
- Graco Nautilus Plus (highback mode)
- Graco Nautilus with Safety Surround (highback mode)
- Harmony Transit Deluxe (backless)
- Recaro Performance SPORT (highback)
- Recaro ProSPORT II (highback)
- Safety 1st BoostAPak (backless)
While accidents cannot be avoided, the fatalities and injuries that these mishaps cause could definitely be minimized, at best, stopped. And so, make sure to be smart enough to invest time in finding the best and safest child booster seats that you can find. After all, your kids deserve nothing but the best right?