6 Injured in LA Train Accident Involving Benz

At least 6 people sustained minor personal injuries after a train accident involving a Mercedes Benz occurred in downtown Los Angeles, California March 10. Unfortunately, details about the said accident were revealed only recently.

The accident happened at about 4:20 in the afternoon at Venice Boulevard and Flower Street in downtown Los Angeles, according to a Los Angeles Police Department Central Traffic Division spokesperson.

Witnesses said that the Mercedes Benzbeat a red light. As a result of which, the Benz was struck by the fast approaching Metro train during a test run on a railway. The said railway is set to link downtown Los Angeles to Culver City and is expected to open by the end of this year.

An LAPD spokesperson said that all six passengers, including the driver of the Mercedes, were brought to local medical facilities for treatment of the minor personal injuries they sustained.

Video footages from a TV news helicopter showed that the driver side of the Benz collided against the front of an Expo line train while firefighters were using Jaws of Life to extract the passengers from the Benz.

According to a spokesperson from the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transportation Authority, there no immediate information was released about the injuries.

Even photos of the said train accident were not immediately disclosed to the public for some reasons.

In such train accidents, there are existing laws that can determine who shall be held liable, as well as the corresponding settlement for the victims. In such events, Los Angeles injury attorneys are the very best persons to turn to, since train accident claims are absolutely one of their many expertise.

Hospital Admits Guilty for a Carlisle Girl’s Birth Injury

birth injuryThe North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust admitted their negligence at the high court and agreed to pay all the damages incurred by a Carlisle girl.

The hospital’s monetary fine was said to reach a total of £5 million (US $7.7 million). As agreed upon the lawsuit, the hospital will pay the £2.3 million (US $3.5 million) lump sum to the 11-year old Carlisle girl who sustained a birth injury during her delivery and £200,000 (US $300,000) per year through the rest of her life.

The young girl whose name cannot be disclosed for legal purposes was born at Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle, Cumbria, England.

According to court documents, the said hospital failed to diagnose that the girl’s mother had suffered a placental abruption, a birth-related condition wherein the placental lining separated from the uterus of the mother before the baby is delivered. As a result, the girl’s delivery became overdue causing her cerebral hypoxia and severe brain injury.

The girl’s family filed for a birth injury claim which has been finally resolved only recently. After the final court hearing, her mother narrated how difficult the life of her daughter had been due to the birth injury she sustained when she was born. The family can’t help but to show their joy while looking forward to getting the best care and equipment that the young girl needed to lessen the obstacles that she is facing in each passing day.

After hearing about the said resolution, the Los Angeles personal injury attorneys are very impressed with the court’s just resolution on this case since they fully understand that birth injury is one of the most depressing situations that can occur in one’s life.