Our blog is turning into celebrity DUI by the minute.
Just recently, TMZ reported that Former New York Mets and Yankees star Pitcher Dwight “Doc” Gooden was arrested last Tuesday for suspicion of DUI in New Jersey.
And this one takes the cake because he was not under the influence of alcohol…but of drugs.
And the worse part is that there was a kid in the car.
Gooden was arrested and booked for multiple charges including:
• While Under the Influence of Drugs
• Being under the Influence of a Controlled Dangerous Substance
• Endangering the Welfare of a Child
• DWI with a Child Passenger
• Leaving the Scene of a Motor Vehicle Accident
• Reckless Driving
• Failure to Keep Right
• Failure to Notify Change of Address regarding driver’s license
Gooden was arrested after authorities responded to a 911 call regarding a car accident on Old Mill Road.
He was spotted a few miles from the accident scene, which he left before authorities came.
Aside from baseball, Gooden is also well known for his history of substance abuse.
He has been arrested multiple times for driving under the influence of alcohol and has tested positive for cocaine in 1987.